I am a front end developer with a background in user experience and interaction design. I like working with smart people and building cool stuff.
Full-time employmentthe link
Thismoment created the Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC), a social content management system that allows companies to easily manage multiple social media channels through a single interface. I joined the team as a Front-end developer, responsible for building out DECs within the CMS as well as developing custom sites (both web and mobile) and evolving the CMS itself through feature refinement (aka bug fixes) and new feature development.
CamelBak & Water.org
- Development of design documents into HTML & CSS for the CamelBak & Water.org Give Bak page
- Custom jQuery plugin development
- Conversion of a Flash “flipbook” style site from a previous agency into more SEO-friendly HTML5/CSS3/JS
- Integration of front-end templates into ExpressionEngine installation
CamelBak – Video Channel
- Creation of new Video Channel section on the CamelBak site
- Template development in HTML4/CSS/jQuery
- Integration of YouTube api
Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- Translation of design documents for ADFF Year Round Magazine section in HTML & CSS
- Integration of front-end code into Drupal CMS
- HTML/CSS/JS development
- Custom WordPress installation
- Content strategy
- Template development for Singapore Airline’s Singapore Stopover Holiday section
- HTML & CSS
Because Foodzie is a small-startup, my actual role was much broader than the title I was originally hired into. Foodzie is an online artisan food retailer originally built on a RoR platform and eventually moved onto the Magento e-commerce platform. Under both versions, I designed and wireframed interfaces and user flows, then implemented them using HTML, CSS, jQuery, Prototype, RoR and PHP. I developed custom Magento functionality using PHP and the Zend framework. I also designed assets like banners, ads, brochures and newsletters.
- Custom ExpressionEngine installation with e-commerce functionality
- hand-coded HTML & CSS, jQuery for enhanced interactions
- Graphic design of site and corresponding print materials (including brochures and conference booth banners)
- Assisted in content strategy
I was in Interaction Designer at Digitas, and I worked primarily on a project for General Motors to unify their (then) eight divisional websites under a single architecture. This involved producing wireframes and prototypes to be used in user testing, integrating feedback from those tests, and working with the engineering and design teams to create the final interfaces for their consumer-facing websites.
Christ Church Cambridge
- Development of a custom administrative backend to help CCC manage their website
- Design and development of the admin interfaces
- Integration of Zend framework and Google calendar api
- Development of MySQL databases and related queries
Open Pit BBQ Sauce
Freelance (through LaunchPad Media)
- End-to-end site creation
- Production of several design options
- Hand-coding of HTML & CSS and creation of custom Flash animation for homepage module
RBM Technologies created a web-based visual merchandising management application for large retailers. My primary role was as UI designer (producing wireframes and mockups for the app’s interface), however because of my previous experience as a Flash engineer, I also created an interactive training tool for the product in Flash, as well as occasionally assisting in app maintenance.
Bennington College – Flash Banner
- Development of a Flash banner and interactive sidebar elements in ActionScript 2.0
Vantage Technologies was the tech arm of Vantage Partners, a negotiation and business relationship consulting firm.
I worked at Vtech as a Flash Engineer, and my primary responsibilities were developing and maintaining the Flash applications that were their primary product. This mainly involved coding custom components in ActionScript2.0. I also lead a project to convert the browser-based product UI to standards compliant HTML and CSS, created an animated Flash product demo and tour, and created a desktop version of one of the online apps.
Nicole has worked with me on a couple of projects to this point and she has always delivered above and beyond my expectations. She is a perfectionist in her work and it really shows. I find myself actively looking for projects to staff Nicole on because she is so easy to work with. Anybody would be lucky to have the opportunity to work with Nicole.Roger Obando, Roger Obando LLC
I contracted Nicole to design a website for my personal training business. In our preliminary discussion, Nicole asked me all the questions that I didn't even know to ask, and from there built me a website that exceeded expectations. Not only was the final product attractive and easy to use, but Nicole's service, attention to detail and humor were first-rate. She consistently responded to my emails immediately and had the site built before I was even ready for it.Claire Lunardoni, Integrated Endurance
Nicole has a very rare and awesome set of skills: She can not only whip out front end code as well as quickly learn new technologies but also design very user centric, friendly wireframes as well as create beautiful and engaging graphic designs - making her a great choice for a variety of web projects...Susie Wyshak, Foodzie
Amicable, capable, intelligent and professional are a few of the many positive adjectives which describe Nicole. I was very lucky having Nicole design user interfaces for my company's applications and never had any doubts of her ability when she interacted directly with clients.Leonardo de Nevi, RBM Technologies
Back to top
Nicole was a pleasure to work with... I needed a web page and she explained the process in simple terms...she made the page user friendly for me to update and was always available for questions afterwards. I love my page and got many compliments on it. She was a breeze to work with.MeiMei Sayers, Model
I am a San Francisco-based, front-end developer with seven years of experience building both internal and consumer-facing web applications for clients including GM, Cingular/AT&T, Verizon, JP Morgan, CamelBak, and the U.S. Air Force. I've worked in both agency and startup environments where the emphasis was on rapid prototyping and iterative development.
My background and skills fall into three areas:
- Front-end development: Primary skills in (X)HTML (including HTML5), CSS (including CSS3), jQuery. Supplementary skills in PHP, Prototype, MySQL, ActionScript (2.0). CMS development experience including Magento, ExpressionEngine, & WordPress. Experience with Ruby on Rails, Zend
- User experience: wireframing, rapid prototyping, remote usability testing
- Design: Proficient with Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
And everything else? Well, I love my dog, I climb rocks, I play video games, and the lame joke thing is absolutely true.Back to top
Have questions about my projects? Need a copy of my résumé? Want to know my availability? Looking for some good ramen in the Bay Area? All you seek is only a few fields and a button click away.
All fields are required, except where otherwise noted.Back to top